Leaders of Not-for-Profit organizations are responsible for the direction and control of the organization they lead for the benefit of those they serve. For leaders to ensure accountability to those who use the services, staff, regulators, volunteers, the Board and other stakeholders, clear and effective governance is required.
We apply a facilitative approach to help improve your organizational governance and build the associated stakeholder support. We achieve this through collection of data, analysis of the current situation, collaborative development of solutions, facilitative engagement of stakeholders and accurate, detailed documentation.
Our Governance services deliver:
- Governance assessments and associated feedback sessions combined with facilitated meetings that establish action plans for improvement;
- Improved collaborative-based decision-making processes supported by Board and management;
- Facilitated meetings and retreats that address barriers to effective decision-making, build ingenuity into the process and develop actions plans for successful deployment;
- Clear roles and lines of responsibility that minimize Board and Committee involvement in day-today operations;
- Best practice board and leadership manuals, polices and terms of reference;
- Alignment of internal documentation such as, code of conduct, standards of behavior, roles and responsibilities and by-laws;
- A governance framework supported by the Board and management, and addresses the roles, responsibilities, structure, performance, accountability, processes, culture and committees;
- Appropriate processes and metrics for monitoring and control;
- Best practice orientation and development programs;
- Board and management training sessions to effectively use the tools and processes to sustain improvement.
Working with ABARIS Consulting allows you to benefit from:
- A governance structure that enables the on-going success of the organization;
- A collaborative decision-making approach that fosters a culture of continuous improvement;
- Improved, trust, respect, team-work and communication between board members and between the Board and senior management;
- Individuals that work effectively as part of a team;
- An energized Board with a common vision that leverages board member talents;
- An objective and independent third-party that provides an un-biased assessment and builds collaborative, practical solutions for improvement;
- Detailed action plans to manage and facilitate change;
- The comfort of knowing that you are working with a company that has an exceptional track record of placing their client's interests first and achieving results.
- We bring complementary skills in governance, strategy, leadership succession, facilitation and change management to successfully develop and implement sustainable solutions.
- As a neutral and objective third-party, confidentiality is assured, which creates the trust environment necessary for success.
- We have the assessment tools and frameworks to gather detailed information quickly, with little operational interruption.
- We have extensive experience delivering best-practice governance solutions.
- Our processes successfully engage board members and stakeholders so that they own the solutions.
- We effectively implement and maintain best-practice governance as your organizational needs change.
- Our solutions are developed specifically for your challenges, position you for the future and work within the context of your operational realities.